Re: Where is the future in network libraries for GNOME

On Fri, 2004-30-07 at 18:24 -0400, Claudio Saavedra V. wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I have seen two wide used libraries for network applications: GNet and
> GNetwork. I want to choose between one of those for my application.
>
> Keeping holy wars out of the question, i wonder wich one of those is a
> better option thinking in a good integration with GNOME Desktop software
> and future plans.
>
> Comments, opinions? it will be very appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Claudio

Good question! I think there are a lot of people who'd like to know the
current state of things wrt to this.

There is this message from the current maintainer of GNet:

"There's been a request for a GNet 2.0.6 release, which would include
Tim's new http module and some random compile fixes.  This would
probably be in the next week.  Let me know if there's anything that
needs to be included/fixed.

Also, I am looking for a new maintainer.  I no longer use GNet or
develop gtk/gnome apps, so it doesn't make sense for me to continue
maintaining it.  If you're intestested, let me know.

Thanks,
David"

Cheers,
Ryan