Question about GnomeCanvas transparency

Hi there folks!

I'm using GnomeCanvas to draw a star map on a game client I'm developing[1], and I'm needing to draw semi transparent circles around the planets, as a way to mark planet's scanner ranges. The problem is when two or more of this big circles superpose each other, the color is "added", so if there are a lot of superposing circles, the transparency is lost and the objects below can't be seen.

You can get an idea from this screenshot: http://www.lunix.com.ar/~ldipenti/screenshot.png

Is there any way to tell GnomeCanvas not to "add" superposing transparent colors? I would like to get an area resulting of the addition of circle's surfaces.

Thanks in advance.

[1] GNOME War Pad: http://gwp.lunix.com.ar

--
Lucas Di Pentima - Santa Fe, Argentina - Jabber ID: lucas lunix com ar
LUNIX: Soluciones en GNU/Linux - http://www.lunix.com.ar