libart_lgpl + glib: possible?

  There is a problem with libart as it is.  It is not language-binding
friendly, since none of its types are GType registered.

  In gnome-python we have come accross this problem more than once.
First with the gnomeprint bindings, now also users complain that they
cannot use gnome.canvas.BPath, because the 'bpath' property is of type
pointer.

  We desperately need to add a glib dependency to libart_lgpl.  Will
that be a problem?  Or is it nothing but another political war?

--
Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro