Re: Any simple document/view applications?

On Wed, 2004-05-05 at 18:22, Curtis Hovey wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-05-05 at 15:02, Murray Cumming wrote:
> > On Wed, 2004-05-05 at 08:59 -0600, Eric Lemings wrote:
> > > Hello all,
> > >
> > > I'm looking for a simple yet complete and current GNOME application
> > > (along with the source distribution) based on a document/view
> > > architecture that I can use as a model (or template if you will) for
> > > creating more complex applications.
> >
> > If you like C++, bakery _is_ a document/view architecture and
> > implementation:
> > http://bakery.sourceforge.net
>
> Murray is biased of course since he is one of the authors.  I'm not
> biased, and I work in C++ with trepidation, but Bakery is *very good*.
> I think you'll find like myself, that you can quickly make a
> document-view application with this API, even if you have only a little
> C++ experience.
>
> --
> sinzui cox net
> Guilty of stealing everything I am.

I haven't used Bakery but I've looked at its API reference docs.  The
App* class hierarchy is particular confusing but that's OT.

Application frameworks like this have well-tested and well-documented
design patterns.  Bakery doesn't seem to follow these patterns very
well IMHO.

Eric.