C/GNOME Devel

Hello everybody,

I am a newbie in C and GTK programming and when I see some GNOME app source code I get a confused, because there are used many * in front and in the end of some names and other confusing for me constructions I have ever seen(I know that * before variable is a pointer :P ) So what books or tutorials would you recommend me to read to be able to understand the GNOME apps and to begin writing apps for GNOME :) I am sorry if my question sounds/is stupid but I have to ask the people who now how to program to be able to become also a programmer :)

Cheers