Re: Tool for remapping keys?

> Just wondering if there is atool (apart from XKeycaps, xmodmap) to
> remap keys in Gnome (GUI and/or CLI)?
Well, the preferred keyboard mapping architecture in GNOME is xkb,
there is no tool for the keyboard _editing_. IIRC there is limited
support for xmodmap files loading though.

> If there are no other tools, how are folks remapping their keys? Or
> are the majority using xmodmap?
AFAIK, the majority uses xkb. And I strongly encourage you to do so:)

Actually, why do you ask? Do you have some special needs? Probably I
could help...

Cheers,

Sergey