Re: want help

Sreekanth D N <sreekanth d n celstream com> writes:

>     I am working on a project where I require to insert a menu item to the
> popup menu we get on right clicking on any of the files / folders using
> filemanagers.
>
> In windows and MAC this can be achived by putting a plugin.

You need to integrate with Nautilus. Some ideas:

  - take a look at the documentation for Nautilus

  - examine the archiving program bundled with Gnome (File Roller)
    which integrates with Nautilus (when you right-click, you can
    create an archive)

  - ask on nautilus-list where people that know Nautilus hang out

--
Ole Laursen
http://www.cs.aau.dk/~olau/