Re: A small "problem" with a screenie on the Release notes fro GNOME 2.8

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 11:05:09 -0500, Manuel Amador <rudd-o amautacorp com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> There's a screenie that says "PINGA" underneath one of the file server
> icons.  Spanish-speaking readers will probably be already amused or
> angry, because PINGA is usually employed when referring to a dick (yes,
> that kind of dick, not dick van dyke or something) in several latin
> american countries.

Now that you mentioned it, the same goes for "PERSEPHONE" in finnish.
"PERSE" is finnish for "ass". (if you also understand what PHONE
means, you get a peculiar image in your head. At least I did :)

> Just a quick note.  I laughed my ass off but I can understand others may
> be not as easygoing =)

Having references to various body parts in official documentation is
not a great credibility-booster, but let's hope people understand
these kind of problems that a multi-lingual environment brings...

--
Kalle Vahlman, zuh iki fi