Re: Extension to Volume Control & General Questions

On Thu, 2005-04-07 at 16:25 -0400, Jordan Saunders wrote:
> programming, but I'm not sure if it'll be accepted into the CVS. What I
> would like to do is change it so that you can select more than one
> channel to change at a time, and to unify their volume. I don't want to

I know nothing about sound drivers and such, so I could be way off here,
but shouldn't this be considered a bug in the driver interface?  Master
volume should very well be the *master* volume, not front volume.  If
it's something that can be corrected in the driver, it probably should
be fixed there instead of over-complicating the volume control to work
around driver bugs.