Re: Extension to Volume Control & General Questions

On Fri, 2005-08-04 at 16:29 -0400, Jordan Saunders wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-04-08 at 09:22 +0200, Stefan Kost wrote:
>
> > Best is to talk to the gnome-media maintainer about this, he is also
> > gstreamer developer and usually in irc #gstreamer on freenode.net with
> > the nick 'BBB'.
> > His name is Ronald Builtje.
> >
> Thank you, I'll try talking with him when I get some more free time.

Deciding to start hacking GNOME/Linux is a pretty daunting task. I
suggest you try the #gnome-love channel on IRC, which is designed to
help people get involved. Also there are some interesting tutorials in
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeLove and elsewhere.

Just jump in, write some stupid useless app, and have fun! Trying to
actually get something accomplished right away might be too much. :)
Heck one easy way to get involved is to write a tutorial for yourself as
you learn, then post it up on the wiki.

Also I agree with Sean, it doesn't sound like a GNOME problem.

Cheers,
Ryan