email functionality

Hi all,

I've developed a patch for gthumb to open a compose window with the
selected images as attachments. It uses the user's default mail client
(balsa, evolution, thunderbird, kmail, netscape mail, mutt supported)
I was thinking that this functionality might be better suited to being
in a library so that it's available to other desktop applications eg
eye of gnome.
As I'm new to gnome development, I was wondering if this would be a
good idea, and which library to write the patch for.

Thanks,
Bevan.