Re: cvs questions

Forget the second question too, the build of xcb creates the extensions directory, it isn't checked out from cvs.
Sorry.. I'll have to learn to think before I post.
rod
Brought to you by a thunderbird, penguin, gnu and a camel

Rod Butcher wrote:

Can somebody give this newbie a few tips on CVS please.
1. When I checkout a component, the timestamp on files gets set to my current system time, which is 10 hrs ahead of UTC. Shouldn't the timestamp get set to that of the original creation of the file ? How can CVS decide that my copy of the file is up to date or not as its timestamp won't match that in the CVS repositiory ? 2. When I checkout xcb from freedesktop.org, I get a directory /src/extensions. Yet I don't see this directory at cvs.freedesktop.org/xcb/xcb. What's the connection between the repositoery I checkout stuff from and what I see online at cvs.xxxx ?
Thanks
Rod