OT: Problems with strings

Hi.

I'm a newbie so please don't fry me :)
I have a strange problem (at least i think it's strange ;) ). In my app i set
up a gchar like this

	gchar *post;

	entry_widget = lookup_widget(GTK_WIDGET(button), "text_bolag");
	buffer = gtk_entry_get_text(GTK_ENTRY(entry_widget));
	strcpy(post,buffer);
	memset(buffer,0,100);

When i run it I get segmentation fault and the debugger tell me this error.
post		(gchar *)0x12 <Address 0x12 out of bounds>

What could generate a such runtime error ? I have no idea why i get this and
it have been working before. I'm thankful for any suggestion.

If you wanna more info please email me.

Thanks
Magnus