Re: *** glibc detected *** double free or corruption

Liam R E Quin wrote:
On Tue, 2006-04-25 at 15:33 +1000, Rod Butcher wrote:
I'm getting "*** glibc detected *** double free or corruption" with Evolution & Gnome built from current cvs head. Is this a known issue with glib ?

It's a bug in the application, but see the man page for malloc() for
an environment variable to disable malloc checking, which may let
the application run.

Assuming your applications were compiled against the version of
glibc you are running, you could use gdb to get a stack trace and
report bugs, too...
Can I confirm that glibc here refers to the C libraries - I have mandrake's 2.3.5 version; or does it refer to gnome's libglib (built by glib) ? There have apparently been major major memory allocation changes to libglib, correct ?
thanks
Rod

Liam

http://distributedcomputing.info - find out how to make your pc work for the community