Re: upcomming glade release

On Tue, 2006-08-01 at 12:01 -0400, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
> Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> [...]
> > it is indeed too late, since the module inclusion deadline is over.
> > You'll need to propose it for inclusion (email to
> > desktop-devel-list gnome org) at the beginning of next development
> > cycle, that is, around September. It will be announced in
> > desktop-devel-list.
>
> Yes,
>     I've been getting the ML run-around the last couple days and
> found out about desktop-devel-list on irc the other day :)
>
> Now that we are finally publishing a stable release, it would be
> nice to follow the gnome time based releases, whether glade should
> be considered a desktop module or not I'm not sure... seems that
> alot of information I am missing is scattered about mailing lists
> that I'm not subscribed to (yet), so I'll try to rethink this a
> little... but I'll probably be lazy about it and take it to
> desktop-devel and just see what happens (since I'd rather spend
> time writing code than discussing release politics ;-p )
>
> /me follows the ML trail...

Glade is a development tool, so it's not appropriate for any of the
existing GNOME release sets. There's more information about the release
sets here:
http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointFifteen

But I'm sure that people would really appreciate it you following the
schedule anyway.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com