dev/system libs conflict.

Hi,
I'm currently trying to compile a dev gnome desktop on the side of a
system one (I use jhbuild for this task).

The dev gnome desktop is compiled against the system modular X.org 7.0
which is installed in /usr with /usr/X11R6 being a mere symlink to
/usr.

Since I have a system gnome desktop installed in /usr, I have
dev/system libs link conflicts when trying to build the dev gnome
desktop.

To fix this, it's most of the time just a matter of reordering the lib
search paths on the libtool (link mode) command line: the dev libs
paths must appear before the x11 libs path, since the latter does
contain other gnome libs.

The purpose of this mail is to put forward this issue and let gnome
developers act accordingly.

Regards,

  Sylvain