Re: Problem compiling gnome-control-center cvs

På Wed, Jul 05, 2006 at 04:36:28PM -0400, David Hampton skrev:
> I'm having a problem compiling the latest cvs gnome-control-center for
> the very first time.  There seems to be a circular dependency in the
> make instructions.
>
> The first make run fails in the libgswitchit directory because one of
> the files there includes gnome-settings-daemon/gnome-settings-client.h.
> That file would normally be generated later in the build process.  If I
> swap the directory order to build in gnome-settings-daemon before
> libgswitchit, the build fails in the gnome-settings-daemon directory
> because that directory wants to link against libgswitchit.a.
>
> Restoring the directories to their initial order and compiling again now
> works because the gnome-settings-client.h file has been generated.

I had the same problem. Please file a bug for control-center in bugzilla.
I "fixed" the build my running "make -k" and then "make" again...

  mvrgr, Wouter

--
:wq                                                       mail uws xs4all nl
                                                      web http://uwstopia.nl

it's the one fatal flaw :: let us swallow you all, you all          -- gomez