All time ready desktop plugin or application

Hello, my name is Daniel Fern�ez and I want to develop an all time
ready desktop plug-in or application that respond to a key shortcut
predefined to start it.
The tool must be started from the beginning of the days ;-)

I need to know if I can develop it integrated with the desktop or as
stand-alone application specifying to start it in any configuration
file.

I'm interested on integrate it with the desktop and put an option in the
configuration for enabling or not that functionality.

Thanks for all and sorry for my mistakes (I'm Spanish)

NOTE: If someone wants to teach me about my speech, I'll be very
thankful