Re: Programmatically showing the gnome panel logout dialog from external program

On Mon, 2006-05-15 at 17:24 +0200, Marek Habersack wrote:

> I saw in the gnome panel sources that it does have a default logout/shutdown
> timeout of 60s, so that would be done. But I can't figure out how to force
> gnome panel from an external program to show its logout dialog. I would like
> to know whether it's possible to do it at all (preferably without modifying
> the panel sources) and if yes, how do I go to implement that. If it is not
> possible, then I will probably have to write a small program that will reuse
> code from the panel to implement what I described above.

Running "gnome-session-save --kill --gui" will cause the GNOME logout
dialog to appear, perhaps you just need to arrange for that to happen
after rdesktop has been closed?

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Group