Re: GNOME "Save as" dialog - defective by design

hi;

On Thu, 2007-04-05 at 14:39 +0200, Tomasz Sterna wrote:
> Dnia 30-03-2007, pią o godzinie 17:16 +0200, Pavel Rojtberg napisał(a):
> > > We have it all coded in Nautilus, so why cannot we just use it?
> > > There should be a "save as" mode in Nautilus.
> > we already have the action-area for thinks like "empty wastebasket" or
> > "write on disk".
> > We could similarly add the "safe file" action with just adding an
> > textarea there.
>
> And that would enable us with saving in a remote (gnome-vfs connected)
> directories (ssh:// webdav:// etc.), which is currently not supported by
> save-dialog.
> And it would just work. For free.

no.  unless, obviously, you think that gnome-vfs enabled ponies will
come and move files from you local directory to a network share.

if your application doesn't support gnome-vfs there's no way you'll be
able to save stuff in remote locations; and the file chooser already
supports gnome-vfs shares, so you can *see* them.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
Emmanuele Bassi,  E: ebassi gmail com