legal use of code question

I'm making a patch for the Songbird program, http://www.songbirdnest.com and currently I am using a modified version of the method totem_gdk_window_set_invisible_cursor (http://svn.gnome.org/viewcvs/totem/trunk/src/backend/video-utils.c?view=markup) in my local patch which is set up as such:

bool
sbGStreamerSimple::SetInvisibleCursor(sbGStreamerSimple* gsts) /*adapted from totem*/
{
 GdkBitmap *empty_bitmap;
 GdkCursor *cursor;
 GdkColor useless;
 GdkWindow* privRefGdkWin;
 char invisible_cursor_bits[] = { 0x0 };

 useless.red = useless.green = useless.blue = 0;
 useless.pixel = 0;

 privRefGdkWin = gsts->mGdkWin;

 empty_bitmap = gdk_bitmap_create_from_data(privRefGdkWin,
   invisible_cursor_bits,
   1, 1);

 /*When there's no window, there's no bitmap */
 if(empty_bitmap == NULL)
   return false;

 cursor = gdk_cursor_new_from_pixmap(empty_bitmap,
   empty_bitmap,
   &useless,
   &useless, 0, 0);

 gdk_window_set_cursor(privRefGdkWin, cursor);

 gdk_cursor_unref(cursor);

 g_object_unref(empty_bitmap);
 return true;
}

is totem_gdk_window_set_invisible_cursor considered trivial? if not is there a way to incorporate into Songbird (GPLv2) legally? or must some other way be used?

Thanks,

-Micah