Re: deliberate crashes in Gnome libraries ?

On Sun, 2007-01-21 at 16:38 +1100, Rod Butcher wrote:
[...]
> What if lots of stuff won't run unless debug=no ? Then what's the use of
> debug ?
>
> Or have I missed the point here ?

Oh sorry after re-reading you I think you might be looking for
a more practical answer.

The reason why the checks are disabled in a "strict" environment
is because your software has attained a level of stability, at this
point you can safely remove the checks at compile time and speed things
up a bit (sadly I haven't seen many projects reach this level of
confidence and stability).

Cheers,
               -Tristan