Re: libgnome: gnome-open.c

2007-06-17 klockan 14:23 skrev Alp Özmert:
> I came upon 'gnome-open' while looking for a way to make Emacs/Gnus
> call the application associated by Gnome as an external viewer for
> attached files.  The impediment is that I couldn't make gnome-open
> wait until the process finishes, neither did I have success with
> gnome_url_show().
>
> I would be delighted by any given insight to this first-time gnome
> hacker to enable him to construct a blocking call to
> gnome_url_show().

This is not really possible to do reliably. Many Gnome applications are
single instance apps (e.g. Evince). This means that a second application
instance will just pass through the command line arguments (e.g. the
filename to show) to the already running applications, and quit immediately
afterwards.

  mvrgr, Wouter

--
:wq                                                       mail uws xs4all nl
                                                      web http://uwstopia.nl

who's gonna take it like this? :: no way :: you are, you are        -- gomez