Re: normalized strings in searches, completion, etc.

Hi,

On Fri, 2007-03-23 at 03:25 +0100, Denis Jacquerye wrote:

> I'm sure there are tones of places where this doesn't work and some
> where it does. But it should work everywhere someone does a search or
> compares strings unless in some specific cases. What's the best way of
> tackling the issue?

It should work if all places where strings all compared would use
g_utf8_collate(). I am surprised that this doesn't seem to be the case.
Perhaps it's an issue that is often overlooked as many developers are
not aware of the pitfalls of working with Unicode texts.

Sven