Re: Maximum window list size

Juraj Vitko wrote:

> I've seen more users want this, altough not an overhelming number.

Let me be one of those users who says "I want it!" - I upgraded from Fedora
7 to 10 and thus discovered these size settings had been removed.  (I was
confused too because the help docs still say that the size setting is
there).  I use the window list in a vertical position, and I prefer to have
it show windows from all desktops.  However, with these new parameters, I've
been unable to get it to show more than 8 windows, before it splits its
narrow vertical real estate into two columns - at which point all the titles
change to "...", making it much less useful.

I set up a second panel in a vertical position solely for the window list
and I'm very fond of this layout as I feel very productive with it.  The
vertical layout also resolves the issue of variable-width buttons.  While I
can appreciate making GNOME easier to use and configure, this seems to be
removing too much configurability.  Just IMHO.

Is there a workaround I could apply to get it set up more to my liking?

Thanks,
KaJun