gnome-device-manager Enhancements

Hi  Maintainers,
I am a C / C++ programmer looking to provide some assistance to the
device manager (gnome-device-manager package) program.  I notice this
program only list the devices installed on a machine; it does not
provide device usability information.  Is there a project already in
progress that will apprise the user of devices that are configured and
usable?  Either way; I would like to help enhance this package in any
way I can. Please advise.

Thanks for your time.

-Kevin McKinney