GSoC idea

Hi all!

I have an idea for GSoC 2011 so please let me know what you think.

First a bit about me, I am a Swedish guy studying a masters degree in media technology, which is really a computer science degree aimed towards computer graphics. I have always had an interest in open source projects, gnome in particular. My programming knowledge is C, C++, Java, C#, Python, Lua, PHP and some that I forgot now.

My idea is to port the Sudoku game to Vala as proposed. I see it as an opportunity to dig deeper into Vala. I think I will manage to do something more and therefore I was thinking to merge this idea with another one. To implement multiplayer support. The idea is that it is kind of a “time-stress” multiplayer mode where the players compete who can put the correct number quickest. If the number is wrong, however, the point goes to the opponent. When the whole board is full, the player with the best score wins.

Please give feedback on this.

Best regards,

Albert Cervin

albert nat0 se