Re: glade_text_button_get_type

Oh! I'm so sorry about this. I really have no ideas about which list should I post to. And thanks for your help.
dingshaoheng

2011/9/19 Tristan Van Berkom <tvb gnome org>
On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 2:03 AM, 丁少衡 <dshbusiness gmail com> wrote:

> Hello all,
> I am reading the code about glade. The source code I use is glade-3.10.0. When I was reading the parts about it plugins(in the glade-3.10.0/plugins/gtk+/), I found some functions claimed but not implemented.
> For example, in the file glade-3.10.0/plugins/gtk+/glade-text-button.h(c), there is a function named glade_text_button_get_type(), which returns a GType value.
> What's the meaning of that? Could anyone help me?
> Thanks.

Hi,
  In the future you should try to direct your question to a more specific list,
usually you will get faster results that way.

I can see that it might have been hard to guess which one for this question
(gtk-app-devel-list or gtk-list is the right place for glib/gobject
related questions).

The implementations of 'GType foo_bar_get_type (void)' are defined
by the G_DEFINE_TYPE() macro family (you will see in glade-text-button.c
a line that starts with G_DEFINE_TYPE_WITH_CODE (... ))

The GObject docs have some code fragments explaining the boiler plate
code needed to write objects using the gobject type system:
    http://developer.gnome.org/gobject/2.29/

Cheers,
         -Tristan