Re: download.gnome.org/binaries/win32 gobject/gparam.h deprecated warning after MinGW update to gcc 6.3

Hey David,

have a look at https://github.com/wingtk/gvsbuild
With this script you can build new binaries.

Cheers.

On Tue, Aug 15, 2017 at 10:42 PM, David C. Rankin <drankinatty suddenlinkmail com> wrote:

All,

  I don't know where this should be asked or directed, but within the past
week or so, MinGW update its gcc from 5.x to 6.3. As a result, when building
gtk apps on windows using the old binaries from:

https://download.gnome.org/binaries/win32/

  gobject/gparam.h now generates warnings about using '1 << 31` not being a
integer value (and it isn't as it exceeds INT_MAX by 1). As of gcc 6.3 it will
complain loudly about the (1U << 31 would be fine).

  The error is:

 c:/opt/gtk2/include/glib-2.0/gobject/gparam.h:157:33: warning:
 enumerator value for 'G_PARAM_DEPRECATED' is not an integer constant
 _expression_ [-Wpedantic]
  G_PARAM_DEPRECATED          = 1 << 31
                                ^

  Granted, we are talking about pedantic warnings, but it is a symptom of an
aging problem. The binaries available have not be rebuilt in many years. Who
does that?

  The reason I ask, is with the gcc version jump it may be worth rebuilding
all the win32 binaries (and possibly ad win64 binaries) to bring things up to
date. (many of the sources are many versions out of date anyway, requiring
additional GLIB_MINOR_VERSION check, etc., when building on windows.

  Not knowing who are where this should be addressed, I thought I would start
here on the 'gnome-devel' list. Somebody has to know who would be in the best
position to address this to. If this is something we can do a divide and
conqueror on, I'd be happy to try building my share of the binaries. Let me
know who we need to address this with.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.