Re: DB technologies in GNOME apps.

There's libgda[0], which is useful if you have a relational database.

There's also GOM[1], which builds a data mapper on top of GObject types.

On a lower-level, there's also the GVDB[2] embeddable code, which
allows you to serialise and deserialise key/value tables using
GVariant.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

[0]: https://git.gnome.org//browse/libgda