Gsettings development

I went to this website https://developer.gnome.org/gio/stable/GSettings.html to research development with gsettings.  I am trying to change a a value in gsettings (in this case "/org/gnome/desktop/sound/theme-name").  I am pretty sure all I will need are the functions g_settings_get_value() and g_settings_set_value().  I do not need to create any new keys, just modify existing ones.  Please point me to any resources or give me any short examples on how to do this.