Asynchronous workspace

It doesn’t seem like there is a solution for this in Gnome, but thought
I’d ask anyhow. So I have 2 monitors: laptop and external. Use Workspaces
on both. But there seems to be no way to switch Workspaces on one monitor
w/out switching them on the other. Or does someone know a solution?
Another option would be to keep the primary static and just have the
secondary switch. There is an option to the opposite, but that's not
exactly what I wanted.