gtktreeview: entries get duplicated when sorting

Hello,
I'm the developer of OTPClient, a simple TOTP manager for GNOME.
I have recently implemented the ability to sort the treeview by clicking on either the "account" or the "issuer" column header. The sorting func used is just the default one, so I did nothing additional there.
I'm using a GtkTreeView+GtkListStore, and when I click on the column header the entries get sorted, but almost all of them also get duplicated and I can't figure out why.

The complete code for the treeview part is here: https://github.com/paolostivanin/OTPClient/blob/master/src/treeview.c

Do you have any idea why this is happening?

Thanks