Re: Moin event stats

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 7:51 AM, Olav Vitters<olav bkor dhs org> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 07:03:57AM -0700, Jeff Schroeder wrote:
>> We wouldn't need to move the ldap master if bugzilla stopped eating this server.
>
> Why do you assume Bugzilla has much influence on the server? Bugzilla
> site is slow, but that is usually due to a table lock. Meaning: not a
> lot of CPU. There will be unneeded apache child processes, but that
> just requires a sane limit on it.

That statement was actually meant to encompass bugzilla + the log file
you mentioned and cleaned up previously. In the future wouldn't it be
better to just truncate the log though? Then you don't worry about
dangling fds and the need to restart apache.

So here is the same statement rephrased: We wouldn't need to move the
ldap master if the apps running under apache stopped eating this
server and driving the load way up.

--
Jeff Schroeder

Don't drink and derive, alcohol and analysis don't mix.
http://www.digitalprognosis.com