problem setting up Gnome-dvb-daemon

hi everyone. I wonder if anyone can help resolve an issue I'm having with Gnome-dvb-daemon and Totem. My Hauppauge USB tv stick is detected fine when plugged in, but when I try to set it up for Gnome-dvb-daemon and Totem using Gnome-dvb-control, the settings are not saved. I launch gnome-dvb-control, create a new group and import my channels.conf file into it. This works fine and I then close down gnome-dvb-control. When I launch Totem and attempt to watch tv, a 'Set Up Gnome-dvb-daemon' dialogue is displayed, as though I hadn't already set it up! Is anyone else having this problem? Better still, has anyone solved it?

Regards,

John