Re: evolution 1.1.2 (beta2) packages available for Red Hat Linux 8.0

On Wed, 2002-10-16 at 17:10, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> I've put up packages for Red Hat Linux 8.0 of evolution 1.1.2 (aka beta2
> of evolution 1.2) up at http://people.redhat.com/~katzj/evolution/.  At
> the moment, these don't include pilot support, but I'll get to that for
> the next beta.

Oops, sorry Jeremy I think my first reply went to you and not the list.
I wasn't paying attention.

Seems to work fine. :-) Although when I first started it I had to
rearrange my columns in the message window. I had my columns set to
Subject, From, Date and when I started the beta it had changed them back
to the default of From, Subject, Date.

Worth reporting this to Ximian?

The only other problem I had was with the new gtkhtml and gnucash. I
went to recompile gnucash against the new gtkhtml and it couldn't find
-lgtkhtml. The current gnucash package in 8.0 doesn't use pkg-config,
but the old gnome-config. I see the new gtkhtml package is now using
pkg-config. A quick workaround hack patch ;o) to the gnucash source rpm
allowed me to recompile gnucash, It seems to be working fine.

Any word on whether a GTK2 port of Evolution is in the works?

Regards,
	Jim H