Conduit & Mobile Devices - Week 1

Hi All,

As posted here:
http://www.johnstowers.co.nz/blog/index.php/2008/05/31/soc-report-week-1/

This week I compared a number of options for binding C/C++ code from
python in order to wrap libsyncml. At this stage I will be furthur
investigating both SWIG and Pybindgen.

I like the idea, and implementation of PyBindgen, which is a pure
python IDL for doing (semi automatic) bindings to C/C++ code. The
other alternative is of course SWIG. Doing the bindings in SWIG may
(in theory) have more community value, however in practice a lot of
customizations will need to be done in the python swig wrapper, so
this may be a moot point.

This week I plan to pick on of these two, and get a good portion of
the libsyncml API wrapped.

John