Re: GNOME-UK Website

On Thu, 2006-09-07 at 18:04 -0500, Glenn J.Mason wrote:
> > Can we get hosting on window? Probably worth asking the sysadmins if we
> > haven't already; worst case is they say no.
>
> Does this limit the technologies we can use e.g. PHP, a database, all that jazz?  The current gnome-uk site has a feed aggregator, person map and wiki, and we might want to do some really funky stuff with it (you never know).

If you can make the site as simple and efficient as possible, and
minimise any unnecessary use of PHP etc, hosting it with GNOME shouldn't
be a problem, but if it involves lots of custom or heavy PHP code, it
will probably take a long time before the sysadmins will be able to
check it over and approve it for use on Window.

It might be more less restrictive to progress to develop and host the
site on one of the VMs offered earlier in this thread, and apply to get
it hosted on window later once it's design and code etc has been
settled.

--
Ross