Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] CVS and tests

Le ven 22/08/2003 à 10:58, Damien Sandras a écrit :
> Testing is something that can be really quick if you share the task. It
> is also the most important task together with coding, because the
> quality of the project depends on the way people tested it before
> releases. You will notice that we had very few bug reports for 0.98,
> because it was well tested. That is something very good for the

Not exactly a fail test, but anyway: I never use the stats, but I had my
parents, and thought about you wanting testers and test reports, so I
clicked to look at them; it's not really a breakage report, but well:
* having an idea of the size of what's sent it nice, I liked it;
* there were also color lines, but I didn't know what they were refering
to... perhaps it would be neat if there was some graphical indication
somewhere about their meaning;

Apart from that stats remarks:
* my parents use nm, and the connection was great (no breakage);
* I chose various views (local/remote in the main window or separately),
and it just seemed ok (notice: I'm not sure I tested all options,
because with a webcam in one hand, and the other to play with gm&type in
xchat in another workspace really isn't comfortable);
* which leads me to the last point: that would be much better if I could
_speak_ to my parents, but I have to rmmod snd-usb-audio or I have
crashes... It would be a good idea to know if I'm the only one having
problems with his webcam's mic: perhaps someone has a fix, and it should
go in the FAQ, or I'm the only one and I'll stay crying in my corner, or
several types of webcam have the same problem, and shipping a gm that
doesn't let the user choose oss to save his ass from a crash is not a
good idea.

I'm fed up waiting for an answer on #alsa, I think I'm gonna find their
ml and ask there...

Snark