Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] hotplug support

Le vendredi 13 août 2004 à 09:39 +0930, Malcolm Caldwell a écrit :
> -USR2 is a bit crue IU guess but it does have its advantages:
> It is very light weight.  Remember the notification of the event is sent
> by a script called by the kernel hotplug mechanism.  Something quick and
> easy to load like 'killall -USR2 gnomemeeting' does have advantages
> there.
>
> The main problem with using signals is that you cannot convey much
> information.  For example: what kind of device has just been added?  ie.
> should gm be able to handle hot plugged soundcards as well as video
> devices???

Why not... if you plug a webcam with an internal microphone, then you
have an hot plugged soundcard...

However, I would prefer to have a redetection of devices included in the
list of command line parameters. That's less hackish.
--
 _      Damien Sandras
//\     FOSDEM      : http://www.fosdem.org