Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Re: Ekiga, diamondcard and sipdiscount

On Sunday 28 May 2006 22:47, Johan Brannlund wrote:
> I don't think ekiga should necessarily endorse the rock bottom
> providers, who could very well be gone in a few months anyway. If
> diamondcard works well, has reasonable prices, and has historically
> been supportive of ekiga, that sounds like a good compromise to me.

In my experience of trying these VOIP providers having one that actually works
would be criteria enough to endorse it in Ekiga. Diamondcard are not perfect
(sometimes calls don't connect, sometimes other side can't hear you) but
by-and-large they do actually work, far more than the others I've tried.

I'm glad the Ekiga developers have done this particular bit of 'hand-holding'
for us users or I might haven given up on the whole SIP-based VOIP thing for
lack of a good provider and gone back to Skype. I'm also very happy that they
get a commission from diamondcard because I think they well and truly deserve
it for making a program as good as Ekiga.

Tim