[gnomemm] Gnomemm build problems

I'm having a couple of problems building gnomemm and I hope someone can
help me out. I am building on Redhat 7.3 i586.

The first problem is during compile time. The compile fails building
procbar.cc complaining that it cannot convert 'gint (void*) to gint ()'
in relation to argument 5 of 'gnome_proc_bar_construct' (line 26 of my
build).

There is a note in the source suggesting an ambiguity regarding the type
for this argument:

  //The callback signature is wrong but we shouldn't change it in a
stable API,
  //though I think that gnome-libs did.
  typedef gint (* type_correctcallback)(gpointer);

I changed the definition of this typedef in procbar.gen_h  to

  typedef gint (* type_correctcallback)();

and everything seemed to work fine until my second problem at link time.

At link time the compile breaks due to missing libraries. Two of the
libraries found so far are

libaudiofile.la
libgdk-imlib.la

It seems the audiofile and audiofile-devel rpm on Redhat 7.3 does not
provide libaudiofile.la, although it does provide libaudiofile.a. A
compile of the audiofile source (not source rpm) does build
libaudiofile.la. I was able to put libaudiofile.la in /usr/lib and get
the compile working again until libgdk-imlib.la.

I have not checked any further for other missing libraries and I am
somewhat at a loss on how to fix this problem having briefly browsed the
gnomemm build configuration and not found any references to these
libraries yet. My only idea so far is to compile the source for each
library that fails to get the .la library which strikes me as being
somewhat uncertain that I will obtain a .la library in any case.

My main question is - should I report these problems as bugs, or have I
misconfigured my build somehow? (I just ran ./configure and make).

Thanks for your help.

Russell.