Re: [gnomemm] GnomeCanvas................

>"Suresh  Kumar" <suresh_vsamy rediffmail com> writes:
>
>>     When i read a document, i came to know that "GnomeCanvas" is
>> contained in "GtkLayout". But when i searched gnome.h (I installed
>> gtkmm,gtk+,windows2000) in my system, no such header file was found.
>
>Don't you mean "inherits from"?

actually, it doesn't. AFAIR, Gnome::Canvas HAS-A Gtk::Layout, and
draws in the window of the Layout.

>>      1. Is this means "GnomeCanvas" is not a part of Gtkmm ?
>
>The Gnome Canvas is a library which provides a GTK+ widget and a bunch

Lets answer the question: no, its not part of gtkmm but comes as a
separate library.

>>      2. Usually we use GtkWindow as a form where all other controls
>> (like buttons,menus, etc) are placed. If GnomeCanvas is used as a
>> container, how far it is better than GtkWindow?
>
>So they don't compare. You put a canvas inside a window.

More to the point, the Canvas is not really a container, its a
"canvas" for putting things on. If you only use widgets, its pretty
boring, but if you use the anti-aliased mode, then things get interesting.

some docs:

 http://developer.gnome.org/doc/GGAD/ggad.html (Havoc's GTK/Gnome book)
 http://developer.gnome.org/doc/books/WGA/ (Sheets: Writing GNOME Applications)

--p