8 bits colormaps "bug"...

Hi,

Browsing gtk & gdk source code, I've found a little "bug" (not really
one, but the use is not optimized) : gtk_style_attach() calls
gtk_style_init() which one calls gdk_color_alloc(). gdk_color_alloc()
uses a GdkColor * as a parameter. However, colors stored in
g_hash_table_lookup() are pointers (and not structures), so even if
color is already allocated, it doesn't match since pointer sent is
&style->fg[i].

As a result, for each new style, 37 colors are allocated (fg, bg, mid,
text, base, dark & light fields, which are 5-dimension arrays, plus
black & white colors). The big problem is, with 8 bits displays (like on
HP stations), we only have 256 colors, so it is *REALLY* restrictive...

Anyone has an idea/patch for it?

Thanks in advance

FB