Re: Libs??

On Fri, Apr 05, 2002 at 03:30:02PM +0200, Erik Ljungström wrote:

Hi!

Am I the only one darn tired of all those gtk and glibs ? versions not working,
versions out of date? And most of all, uninstalls that doesn't work!
And glib-2 is not compatible with glib-1.2.x ? Ah, great that you let people know
that! I don't know how many hour's Ive spent on this. And besides, the
[...]
And the same goes for gtk. Uninstallations failing, configures failing. Why
can't you jst release finished packages if you think this is soo darn good?
This would be a great idea, since you're probably the only guys on earth that
knows how these libs works, and where they're about?

Dude, take your valium pill. If you use your OS packages none of this
problems ever appear.

flynn kajsa# pkg_info | grep "^gtk-[12]"
gtk-1.2.10_3        Gimp Toolkit for X11 GUI
gtk-2.0.1           General Toolkit for X11 GUI (unstable development
version)

Now use an OS with a proper package management system and stop bitching.

Cheers,
--
        Miguel Mendez - flynn energyhq homeip net
        GPG Public Key :: http://energyhq.homeip.net/files/pubkey.txt