drawing to a gdkpixbuf

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew of any libraries that allow shapes to be drawn on gdkpixbufs (ie. lines, rectangles etc). Preferably, anti-aliasing would be used. I cannot find any in the gdk or gtk libraries.

gdkpixmap is unsatisfactory for my purposes, since it cannot be used with gnome-canvas, and is server-side (hence pixel manipulation is difficult). I could convert between gdkpixbuf and gdkpixmap but that seems wasteful for my purposes. In addition to this, I do not want to deal with the limitations of X until I come to display the image. I want to be quite accurate in the colours and pixels used on the image itself.

I suspect I will need to write my own drawing functions, but if there is any code out there dealing with this issue, it would be good to know about it.

Thankyou in advance,

Chris.