bug: spin button and non-numeric entries in gtk2

Hi,

I use a lot of spinbuttons where it is allowed to have no value at all(so
to have string "" in there). To do so I used to set

        gtk_spin_button_set_numeric(GTK_SPIN_BUTTON(spin), FALSE);
        gtk_spin_button_set_snap_to_ticks(GTK_SPIN_BUTTON(spin), FALSE);

I could then use
        gtk_entry_set_text(GTK_ENTRY(GTK_SPIN_BUTTON(spin)), "");

to set it empty

but the gtk2 widget does force a 0 value in there... So I guess this is a
bug since I did set the numeric option to FALSE. How can I get the old
behaviour back again? Should I disable some signal?

regards,
        Olivier
--
begin   signature_virus.TXT.vbs
Hi, I'm a signature virus. plz set me as your signature and help me