Re: Quick into to porting to Win32...

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 12:44:57 +0200, Goran Rakic <gox devbase net> wrote:
After that you need to create registry keys to configure library path
for your application:
In HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths create
folder or whatever called your_app.exe. In it, create one key called
Path and set its value to path to the GTK library (like C:\Program
Files\your_app\GUI\2.2\lib).

Do you really need to do this? If you put your_app.exe in the same
folder as the gtk .dlls (and as part of the tree of files including
/etc and /share) then I think they will link and then discover their
data files automatically. I distribute an app this way and have a full
gtk environment, including themes, fontconfig, i18n etc. with no
registry keys and no installer. It'll even run directly off a USB
keyring.

The downside is that users can't move the .exe outside the tree of
files. But they can make shortcuts to it if they want.