To: <gtk-app-devel-list gnome org>
Sent: Friday, January 23, 2009 10:16 AM
Subject: How to handle files with sizes >32bit?

Hello,

I am trying to get my GTK programs to work on both linux and windows
without any modification. So far the only thing I don't have working
is 64bit file size support.

It seems that in linux ftello64 does not work, it always returns 0.
Also fseeko64 never seeks beyond a 2GB position, and fopen fails to
open files over 4GB.

I didn't notice anything in glib or gtk+ for handling big files, so I
was wondering is there a cross platform way to do this?

Thanks,
Dan