Re: GDK Keycodes

1. Why <shift> modifies "keyval" value if it's included as a flag in
"state" anyway?

Because it is. If it wasn't, somebody would ask why it isn't. If you
think GDK was originally designed by a committee, deliberating for
years, determined to design the best imagineable API with no
inconsistencies at all, you are mistaken.

2. Where are the harwdare keycodes for GTK defined?

In each implementation of the underlying windowing systems used (X11,
Windows GDI, Mac OS X Quartz).

Should I define it for every platform myself? If not what's the purpose of this field?

I don't know what you mean with "define". The field is in an input
event, you should not change it. And as far as I know, there is seldom
any reason to look at this field.

--tml